Monday, December 5, 2011

Tradition #1

As it would go this time of year, I am a day late and a dollar short.  I am already behind on blogging my 12 tradtions of the holidays our family enjoys.  We have already experienced several traditions so far this year, and I hope to be able to blog them soon.

Tradition #1 is new.  I plan to start it this year and hope to continue in the years to come.  I am going to make a December Daily Album.  I read about this idea on the Studio J Blog and thought it was a fabulous idea.  With both my chidren finally understanding Christmas and with the daily excitement that completely engulfs our home, I thought this would be a perfect year to start this tradition. 

The goal of this album is to create a layout or journal a special memory for each day for the entire month of December or at least the 25 days leading up to Christmas.  Normally this would be an outlandish project that I would never even dare to complete.  But with the simplicity and ease of Close to my Heart's Studio J  this seems like a fun project to work on during this cold snowy month.

I will probably not create a page for everyday, but will try for most.  I like this challenge as it reminds me take more photos and to bring my camera with me to even the smallest of events (i.e. shopping at the mall, going for a walk, doing our nightly advent).  This most likely won't become a yearly tradition, but more like a project to complete every 3 to 5 years.  I look forward to creating these albums and seeing how our traditions change or stay the same as the children grow older.

I will share a few of my favorite pages at the end of the month.

Happy Holidays!
~Amy  

No comments: